FC DELCO Girls Player Pathway
At FC DELCO, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our players, families, coaches, and the greater Philadelphia community. We develop good soccer players--and our hope is that we develop good human beings too. Individual player development comes first, and because kids develop at different rates, we offer various programming levels to ensure that every player is challenged to grow.
A Plan for Every Player and Every Age:
We see player development as a seven to nine-year process, and we have a plan for every player. Our technical staff is one of the most experienced in the country and we have tailored a curriculum to every age designed to unleash potential.
U5 - U11:
Kids at the younger ages are learning to LOVE the game. We aim to fuel their passion by teaching basic principles of the game using game-real situations. Player development is the focus rather than results. Players are placed on teams based on their ability so they are continually challenged. Play hard. Work together. Have fun. That's the idea at this age!
As players make the transition from the recreational level to travel soccer, FC DELCO offers a number of programs to suit families' needs and commitment levels.
U12 - U14:
Lots of changes happen between the tween and teenage groups from both a physiological and soccer perspective. Kids' bodies are changing and growth spurts may throw off a player's balance and coordination. From a soccer standpoint, players become more serious about the game, and they begin to see the game from a tactical perspective. Players are more aware of how their actions and effort level can truly affect the outcome of a match. Player development still tops results and mistakes and creativity are encouraged. Players are placed on teams by ability ensuring they are challenged every time they step on the field.
- Pre-Academy (USYS) - A year-round program with a fall, winter and spring season where select level players can access excellent instruction, professional coaching, and superior competition. Tryouts occur in spring for the following season.
- Pre-ECNL and Pre-ECNL Regional - Programs for elite players to train and compete with the best of the best. Tryouts occur in spring for the following season.
- FC DELCO Summer Select -- A comprehensive 5-week summer program designed to unleash creativity.
- Camps, Clinics and Supplemental Skills Training -- For players who want to continually improve their games.
U13 & U14:
U15 - U19:
Players become serious about soccer. Decisions start to be made about whether or not soccer is going to be a lifelong love or just a fun pastime. At these ages, players begin to fully understand the technical and tactical aspects of the game. Our focus for players at these ages is developing, quick, smart, strong and confident athletes who want to excel at college soccer and beyond. The recruitment process starts now, as a result we offer our elite ECNL players 2-3 national showcase events per year, and our ECNL Regional Players, 2-3 regional showcases per year.
- Pre-Academy (USYS) - A year-round program for multi-sport athletes who want select level excellent instruction, professional coaching, and superior competition. Tryouts occur in spring for the following season.
- ECNL & ECNL Regional League - Programs for elite players to train and compete with the best of the best who want to be recruited by top Division 1, 2 and 3 colleges. Tryouts occur in spring for the following season.