FC DELCO Financial Assistance Program
How to Apply for Financial Assistance from FC DELCO -
There are (4) Required Steps to complete your application. All (4) Steps must be completed in their entirety by May 24, 2021 (date is firm) for your application to be eligible for consideration.
Please note you must be registered with FC DELCO for the 2021-2022 season to be considered for Financial Assistance. Submitting an application does not guarantee that an award will be granted. Awards vary from year to year based on the number of applicants and Club resources.
The Application Steps are:
1. Create Online Account with School & Student Services (SSS)
2. Complete Your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online
3. Pay For and Submit Your PFS
4. Upload ALL Requested Supporting Documentation
Instructions on (4) Steps Required To Complete A Financial Assistance Application
1. Create Account - Create an online account with School and Student Services. Click here for SSS Family Portal page. You will create a username and password, which will allow you to complete your application over more than one session. This will give you time to gather the required information. SSS recommends using Google Chrome when working on the SSS Family Portal page.
2. Complete PFS Online - Complete your “Parents’ Financial Statement” (PFS) online for the season you are applying for aid (2021-2022). The application is available in English and Spanish.
a. Select FC DELCO as your designated school of choice. Our school code is 200079.
b. Only one PFS is needed per family regardless of the number of children applying.
c. 2020 Tax Return - It is required that you use data from your 2020 tax return in order to complete the PFS. If an answer doesn’t apply to you, fill in a zero. Don’t leave it blank.
d. Tell your story - Consider providing a narrative at the end of your application to tell your story and provide the Committee with more information.
e. Need more instructions? Click below to download SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement Instructional Workbook
f. Parents with Separate Households - In cases with noncustodial parents or parents with joint custody in separate households, each parent must complete the entire process with SSS.
g. For families who wish to share their financial information as part of a financial aid application with another institution (for example a college or private school), you can select "other schools" at no additional charge.
3. Pay For and Submit Your PFS - A $55 fee is required to submit your Parent Financial Statement to SSS. The $55 application fee is payable to SSS and is not a payment toward your FC DELCO player fees for the upcoming season. If you feel this fee is a hardship, please email the FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee to explore alternative arrangements.
4. Upload Supporting Documentation – Once you have paid for your PFS, the system activates the “My Documents” tab, where you can view the list of required supporting documents and upload them electronically. All documents must be uploaded by the May 24 application closing date. All materials submitted to SSS are secure.
Financial documents required for consideration include:
Due Dates and Terms
About Our Financial Assistance Process.
The Financial Assistance Fund is utilized for financial aid awards and is funded by the generous donations, fundraising events including the annual Black and Gold Dinner and Golf Outing. Financial assistance is available from FC DELCO to support player program fees (excluding travel expenses) based upon financial need.
Our financial assistance application process utilizes the services of School and Student Services (SSS) to collect basic financial information that gives us a snapshot of your family's financial situation. SSS does a comprehensive, standardized analysis of the information received and, upon completion, submits a report to FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee, which provides an estimated amount that your family can contribute toward your FC DELCO player fees for the upcoming season. FC DELCO will use this information to help determine financial assistance awards for our players. Awards vary from year to year based upon the number of applicants and Club resources. All applications and financial information are kept confidential. FC DELCO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sex, or ethnic origin.