FC DELCO Financial Assistance Program
The FC DELCO Financial Assistance Program for the 2022-2023 season will be open from Monday, April 18, through Friday, May 20, 2022. Players must be registered with FC DELCO for the 2022-2023 season to be considered. Please contact the FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee at email@example.com with any questions.
There are (4) Required Steps to complete your application. All (4) Steps must be completed in their entirety by May 20, 2022 for your application to be eligible for consideration.
Submitting an application does not guarantee that an award will be granted. Awards vary from year to year based on the number of applicants and Club resources.
The (4) Application Steps are:
1. Create Online Account with School & Student Services (SSS)
2. Complete Your Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online for the 2022-2023 Year
3. Pay For and Submit Your PFS
4. Upload ALL Requested Supporting Documentation (2021 Tax Return ALL PAGES and ALL 2021 W2 or 1099 tax forms)
Instructions on (4) Steps Required To Complete A Financial Assistance Application
1. Create Account - Create an online account with School and Student Services. Click here for SSS Family Portal page. You will create a username and password, which will allow you to complete your application over more than one session. This will give you time to gather the required information. SSS recommends using Google Chrome when working on the SSS Family Portal page.
2. Complete PFS Online - Complete your “Parents’ Financial Statement” (PFS) online. The application is available in English and Spanish.
a. Select FC DELCO as your designated school of choice. Our school code is 200079.
b. Only one PFS is needed per family regardless of the number of children applying.
c. 2021 Tax Return - It is required that you use data from your 2021 tax return in order to complete the PFS. If an answer doesn’t apply to you, fill in a zero. Don’t leave it blank.
d. Tell your story - Consider providing a narrative at the end of your application to tell your story and provide the Committee with more information.
e. Need more instructions? Click below to download SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement Instructional Workbook
f. Parents with Separate Households - In cases with noncustodial parents or parents with joint custody in separate households, each parent must complete the entire process with SSS.
g. For families who wish to share their financial information as part of a financial aid application with another institution (for example a college or private school), you can select "other schools" at no additional charge.
3. Pay For and Submit Your PFS - A $55 fee is required to submit your Parent Financial Statement to SSS. The $55 application fee is payable to SSS and is not a payment toward your FC DELCO player fees for the upcoming season. If you feel this fee is a hardship, please email the FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee to explore alternative arrangements.
4. Upload Supporting Documentation – Once you have paid for your PFS, the system activates the “My Documents” tab, where you can view the list of required supporting documents and upload them electronically. All documents must be uploaded by the May 20 application closing date. All materials submitted to SSS are secure.
Financial documents required for consideration include:
● 2021 W-2s and/or 1099s
● 2021 completed signed tax returns that show your player as your dependent (ALL PAGES & SCHEDULES OF YOUR TAX RETURN ARE REQUIRED)
● If you have questions as you complete your PFS or submit documents in the SSS Family Portal, SSS provides multiple tools for support:
● By Phone: The SSS Family Support Center -- (800) 344-8328. The SSS Support Center is currently open 9 am–7 pm ET weekdays and closed Saturday and Sunday. Assistance is available in English as well as Spanish.
● By Email:
○ School & Student Services can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ The FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee may be reached at email@example.com.
● Online Tools: PFS Instructional Workbook – click here to download detailed instructions for completing the Parent Financial Statement
● Videos/Webinars: click here to view helpful webinars on completing your application
Due Dates and Terms
● The deadline to complete the application is May 20, 2022, to allow sufficient processing time. Any FC DELCO financial assistance application received past the deadline, applications that are incomplete or applications that do not include all of the required supporting documentation will be ineligible for consideration. Players must be registered with FC DELCO for the 2022-2023 season to be considered for financial aid awards.
● Families will be notified by email of the financial aid decisions in late June -early July 2022 via the email address provided in your online SSS application.
About Our Financial Assistance Process.
The Financial Assistance Fund is utilized for financial aid awards and is funded by the generous donations, fundraising events including the annual Black and Gold Dinner and Golf Outing. Financial assistance is available from FC DELCO to support player program fees (excluding travel expenses) based upon financial need.
Our financial assistance application process utilizes the services of School and Student Services (SSS) to collect basic financial information that gives us a snapshot of your family's financial situation. SSS does a comprehensive, standardized analysis of the information received and, upon completion, submits a report to FC DELCO Financial Assistance Committee, which provides an estimated amount that your family can contribute toward your FC DELCO player fees for the upcoming season. FC DELCO will use this information to help determine financial assistance awards for our players. Awards vary from year to year based upon the number of applicants and Club resources. All applications and financial information are kept confidential. FC DELCO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sex, or ethnic origin.