The Rothman Warm-Up: Our Activation Injury Prevention Program.
Working together with Dr. Kevin Freedman of Rothman Orthopaedics, we put together a warm-up that can be done before training and games. Start to finish, the entire warm-up takes 11 minutes.
The warm-up takes pieces of The Pep and the FIFA-11 +, exercise regimens proven to reduce ACL tears by 90% when done correctly and daily.
- Prepare the body for exercise.
- Build strength and coordination.
- Reduce the chance of injury.
- Execute before training or a game.
- Complete individually or as a team.
- Should be done in an open space free of obstacles.
- Jog 20 yards/30 seconds
- Skip 20 yards/30 seconds
- Open the Gate: 10x (5/leg)
- Close the Gate: 10x (5/leg)
- Knee to Chest: 10x (5/leg alternating)
- Walking Quad: 10x (5/leg alternating)
- Frankenstein: 10 x (5/leg)
- Walking Lunge Twist: (5/leg alternating)
- Calf Raises with Both Legs: 10x
- Lateral Single Leg Hop and Hold: 10x (5/leg)
- Forward/Backward Double Leg Hop & Hold: 10x
- Side Shuffle: 20 yards/30 seconds.
- Single-Leg Airplane Touch: 10x (5/leg)
- Nordic Hamstrings: 10x (partner needed)
- Change Directions/70% Sprint. 4x. Use a 10-15 yard space, change directions and accelerate.
Download the accompanying PDF and/or watch our video on how to do each move.
Need to See a Doctor Fast?
Try our Rothman Fast Scheduler, which is available for our athletes, coaches, and their family members.