The 2021 Crossbar Challenge
Each year, FC DELCO hosts a crossbar challenge at the end of our fall season to raise money for a charity that is close to all of our hearts. This year, we are raising money for the Chester Upland Youth Soccer Association to provide strength through soccer. Chester Upland Youth Soccer strengthens the communities it serves by mentoring youth, engaging families, and promoting healthy living.
The organization provides after-school and weekend soccer programming, mentorship, and nutrition education for children in the traditionally underserved, suburban Philadelphia communities of Chester, Upland, and Eddystone each spring and fall. Using the U.S. Soccer Foundation's Soccer for Success curriculum, CUYSA's trained, caring coach-mentors help children enjoy and embrace active healthy lifestyles.
Chester Upland Youth Soccer engages not just children playing soccer, but also their families. Parents, guardians, and coach-mentors connect at a variety of events such as the Sweet Potato Dinner, the Fall Jamboree, and the Spring Play Day. There, we are able to provide healthy meals and snacks, gift certificates to local vendors, and free health and nutrition tips, and exchange ideas for further support.
The Crossbar Challenge will take place in training from October 25th - November 10th. The finals are on Sunday, November 14, 2021, at 3:45(ish) during the halftime of our '05 MLS NEXT game on Field 1.
Who: Boys and girls within FC DELCO
What: Crossbar Challenge
- Playoff Rounds: In training during the weeks of Oct 25, 2021 - November 10, 2021
- Semi Finals:
- Conshy: Nov 11 6:30 PM - Field 3
- Dtown: Nov 11 6:40 PM - Field 1
- Finals: Sunday, November 14, 2021 | 3:45 PM | The Proving Grounds | Field 1
Cost and Registration:
1. Please donate at least $5 directly to Chester Upland Youth Soccer. There are a few ways to do this:
- Pay online via credit card. Click here.
- By Venmo: @CUYouthSoccer (Jeannine Anckaitis, Executive Director, is named as account holder but funds go to the organization’s bank account)
- By Cash App: @$CUYS19013
- By check: Make payable to Chester Upland Youth Soccer and mail to 311 East Baltimore Ave, Media, PA 19063
2. Once your donation has been made, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/HGptSQ8AM1sVDf96A
Please do not give cash to your coach!
CROSSBAR CHALLENGE RULES:
Where to Stand:
1. U9 - U10: 12 yards or further. Players may punt the ball.
2. U11 - U12: 18 yards or further. Players must kick from the ground.
3. U13 +: 25 yards or further. Players must kick from the ground.
Anyone who hits the crossbar in training gains entry into the finals, which is Sunday, November 14, 2021.
Please take videos of your crossbar challenge and share them with email@example.com. If you would like to post your crossbar videos, please tag us, and use the hashtag #fcdelcocrossbarchallenge
Got questions? Please reach out to Steph.